Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Zauberball Socks -- Up Close and Finished!

I've just had too much fun with the word "Zauberball" and with sock knitting. Here are the Zauberball socks, finished, and modeled by my very own two feet, thanks to the magic of easily handled digital cameras. It helps that I finally got a pedicure for my winter weary feet.

I used our NRS Sock pattern to knit this pair. These socks are knit with a six inch leg length in a k 2, p 2 ribbing. The photo on the right shows the two small balls that were left after finishing. I could easily have knit a seven or 8 inch leg; this yarn has very good yardage.

I'm a "wander" knitter -- these socks were started on double point needles. Then they wandered over to one long needle where finished knitting them using the two-at-a-time method. I like to take knitting along when I fly, but I find that managing two balls of yarn doesn't make for easy airplane knitting. So I move socks back and forth between both sock knitting methods. I wander-knit and it works for me.



One of the drawbacks of having yarn in the Graywood Studio Store is that I don't get to wear the samples that I knit. Not just yet anyway. My knitted Zauberball socks are on display at the Studio Store. So, when you stop by the Studio Store or visit the sock yarns at Graywood Designs.com you can take a look at the luscious colors of Zauberball and a completed pair of socks!

No comments: