Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Schoolhouse Session at Quilt Market



I presented two sessions called "Elevate the Lowly Potholder" at Spring Quilt Market's Schoolhouse event. Here I am outside the classroom with the listing of all the sessions that took place in just this one room. There are a myriad of such sessions, all designed to be helpful to shop owners and buyers who are looking for the next best thing for their shop.

Our presentation, which was well received, highlighted our new book, Potholder Play.

This photo was taken by my husband, Ed, who accompanied me to Market. He was the "handout" man for the Schoolhouse Session. He's the strong back that helped me with booth setup and takedown. He keeps me company when I'm far from home and he encourages my work. What a guy!

Hey, one more thing about this photo. I broke my glasses on the last day of Market. Pulled them out of their case and snapped them right in half across the nosepiece! I've worn glasses since I was five and don't remember ever breaking a pair quite like that. I really liked this frame, too. Oh well, life changes and I'll have to get a new frame. Fortunately I had a spare pair with me.

No comments: