Friday, June 6, 2008

The 97 Blazer

Graywood Designs has its own car! Well, I guess that you'd call my 1997 Blazer a SUV. Technically it is an S10 pickup body made by Chevy for quite a few years. The 1997 Blazer (we just call it "The Blazer") has been to Houston for Quilt Markets and Festivals almost every year since its first trip in 1997. It has been to other Quilt Markets, too, and this is also the vehicle that has been Canada camping and done lots of Michigan to Wisconsin trips.


As of today the Blazer has over 240,000 miles on its odometer. So, you see, it has been to the moon (figure earth to moon distance at 125,000 miles) and is on its way back. Wow! That's quite a feat!

You can see how proud I am of this car by my picture of the Blazer-Trailer rig that we run to Houston. The Blazer was retired from long trips in February of 2007. I replaced it with the BNB -- Big New Buick -- that can also pull the trailer. The BNB's license plate is "GW04." Those of you who order our patterns regularly know that GW04 is the item number for Graywood's "Double Four Patch Runner" design. We're on our way to selling 25,000 of this pattern. Hence, the license plate -- a vanity plate that commemorates a bestselling quilting pattern!

Happy Quilting,

Wanda

4 comments:

imaria said...

Hi Wanda,

I think the blog looks great. Very well done. Have a wonderful weekend!

~~Maria Cucchiara

Wanda Eichler said...

Thanks, Maria. LOVE the metallic flip flops from your shop. So cool and polkadot soles, too. Good luck with your selling season!

Lindsie said...

Oh, Wanda. Bear in mind you got that car when your son had a brand spaking new driver's license. I had many-a-scary trips in the passenger side with him at the wheel. I believe it took 240,000 miles off of my life-haha!
The blog is great and I love to see what you're up to at Graywood (forever the "Merc" in my heart!) Have a great summer!

Wanda Eichler said...

As of the end of July 2009, the Blazer's odometer has turned 242,000 miles. Go GM!